Monday, October 16, 2017

Dire Straits - Once Upon A Time In The West (1979) (Remaster) ~MetalGuruMessiah~

Dire Straits - Once Upon A Time In The West (1979) (Remaster) ~MetalGuruMessiah~


Turn off the white, venture into the archives and experience and explore the art of MetalGuruMessiah in a different, more compelling and pleasing way: https://metalgurumessiah.wordpress.com/ No. 6 in my series of videos for some of my favorite songs, Once Upon A Time In The West from Dire Strait's 1979 album Communique. Communique was Dire Straits follow up to their huge worldwide hit debut album. This album was released in 1979 and I remember listening to it alot during my first year at college. The album was not as critically acclaimed as their first album, but I never really understood why because I thought it was even better. The song "Once Upon A TIme In The West" is of course an easy fit with Sergio Leone's 1968 film of the same name. Every time I hear this song, I have the movie in my mind. Classic both! The video consists of a couple of clips from the film and a few variations on several images and masks. I really like how the music from the film blends with the song, although I only placed two instances of film music, I did experiment with a few others and they worked really well, but time wasn't there. Anyway, one of my favorite songs and one of my favorite movies captured at last as I've played them in my mind hundreds of times! [Lyrics] Some people get a cheap laugh breaking up the speed limit Scaring the pedestrians for minute Crossing up progress driving on the grass Leaving just enough room to pass Sunday driver never took a test Oh yeah, once upon a time in the west Yes it's no use saying that you don't know nothing It's still gonna get you if you don't do something Sitting on a fence that's a dangerous course Ah, you could even catch a bullet from the peace-keeping force Even the hero gets a bullet in the chest Oh yeah, once upon a time in the west Mother Mary your children are slaughtered Some of you mothers ought to lock up your daughter Who's protecting the innocenti Heap big trouble in the land of plenty Tell me how we're gonna do what's best You guess once upon a time in the west Oh yeah once upon a time in the west Oh yeah once upon a time in the west Oh yeah once upon a time in the west Once upon a time in the west My "Hotel California" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0baP5...

No comments:

Post a Comment