Monday, January 4, 2016

Dr. Who and the NAZI Bell (Die Glocke)

Doctor-Who

Dr. Who and the NAZI Bell (Die Glocke)

dwbooks-12thdr-crawlingterrorFor those of you who know me you will know two things.  The first is that I am and have been a fan of Dr. Who since I was a kid.  There’s something about the mythos of the Timelords and this renegade in a time machine who seems to travel through all of time and space which appeals to me, it’s also an amazing literary device – The regenerations, the bad guys and everything in between just makes for an excellent TV show.  Ok the second thing is that I am a unabashed reader. I love reading and I always have…
So it was pretty odd when I came across this recently – a connection between Dr. Who and the Bell.  Now I don’t think this is predictive programming or some sort of staged release, though it could be.  But I’ll need to do way more research before I make that judgement.  Instead this is more about how conspiracy, once poopoo’d by the masses, has gained popular consciousness in none other then Dr. Who.  Now I wish I had stumbled across this  in the show but rather I found this while doing research for my section of an upcoming book on Nazi Time Travel and Project Cronos. So here I am looking for references to Cronos and to see what others had written when wouldn’t you know it I stumbled across a Dr. Who book called “The Crawling Terror.”  Now I haven’t read the whole book yet but here is what I found:
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 10.32.28 PM
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 10.32.45 PM
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 10.32.59 PM
You can find the full document at this URL: https://books.google.com/books?id=Wr7CAwAAQBAJ&lpg=PT79&ots=b95yiW1JzL&dq=die%20glocke%20dr.%20who&pg=PT80#v=onepage&q=die%20glocke%20dr.%20who&f=false
Now what makes this interesting is that here we have a Dr. Who novel using the Bell as a plot device.  Not only using the Bell but using it by name and describing the Henge etc.. The book also references a UK version and the fact that it was made functional. All of which is mighty interesting…  What’s critical here is not necessarily that it was used but rather it was used in a Dr. Who book which seems to have made the Bell very mainstream, and that is a massive change. I guess maybe we aren’t so crazy after all……

Looks like I need to go poking around some more….http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/2015/12/dr-who-and-the-nazi-bell-die-glocke/

No comments:

Post a Comment