Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pictures of a New Comet discovered on Nov 8th 2013 - Nevski C/2013 V3, from ISON telescopes Network

The ISON telescope network sent me pictures of their newly discovered Comet.  They discovered Comet Nevski  C/2013 V3 on November 8th, 2013.   You will see the first picture is their discovery of it with the consecutive pictures being the days following.  
I have not been able to find an orbit diagram yet for the comet.  I did find this on the Harvard site, which I don't understand at all.
When I get any orbit information I will put it up.   Otherwise enjoy the pictures of the new Comet found. 
C/2013 V3 Nevski. 






Pictures of the Comet ISON from ISON telescope network - go to this link. 

Friday, November 15, 2013

New Picture of Comet ISON sent to me from ISON telescope - taken today 11/15/13

ISON Telescope Network sent me a picture they took today of ISON the comet.  
He said it will be the last one for awhile, as tomorrow it will be too close to the sun to take more. 
Here is his email to me with the picture below. 
Hi, Sherrie!
Here is most recent image of ISON-NM observatory - tomorrow comet will be too close to the Sun. 
Cheers,
Igor



I had emailed the ISON telescope network, asking why they were releasing pictures of ISON and the email I got back. 

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Email I sent to ISON Telescope Network - Why No pictures of ISON? Received an Email back WITH Pictures of ISON! Picture from 11/13/13- Triple tail

UPDATE 11/15/13 - ISON telescope sent me another picture of ISON today in an email.    This is besides what is in this article and the pictures below.  (just click the words ISON, above)

I sent the following email to the ISON telescope network (there was no phone number for me to call) inquiring why they are not taking pictures of ISON,



Hi
I would like to commend your network telescope for discovering ISON the comet that is now in our skies.

The comet is of great interest to many people. The problem I am finding is that no telescope network is releasing pictures of the comet. The only pictures to be found are amateur photographs.

I was wondering why the ISON network is not releasing and taking pictures of the ISON comet? It is your discovery. Shouldn't you be proud and be watching it and taking pictures of it?

 Shouldn't you be releasing those pictures for the world to see the amazing comet that ISON is?

NASA is pretending it doesn't exist for some bizarre reason.

But you are the ones who found it.

Please show the world up close pictures of the comet now. Please direct your telescopes on the comet.

It now has a double and possible triple tail. It has also brightened in the last day.

Why aren't you watching it? Why aren't you showing pictures of it?

I sincerely don't understand why it is being hidden from public view.

I really look forward to hearing back from you and seeing up close pictures of the magnificent comet that your network discovered.

Sherrie


I received an email back from an Igor this afternoon.  11/14/13 - here it is:
Hi!

Perioically , our network provides images of ISON comets - see attached files.

But main goals of our network is discovering of new objects and scientific and applied researches.

I.e., we discovered C/2013 V3 (Nevski) comet recently.

But we can not provide the scientific research of comets becuase of have not of scientist in this filed.

But, i.e. one from our scientific goal is investigations of NEAs: http://astronomer.ru/data/0036/Krugly_ACM2012_Niigata.pdf

Cheers,
Igor
He included pictures for me of ISON - there are various dates on them, including one from yesterday showing a triple tail!  

Would I have liked closer pictures of ISON?  Yes.  But I think it is pretty cool, they sent me some pictures of it in the first place.   As he said they aren't comet scientist.  

ENJOY!








Notice who took this picture below :)


No comments:

Post a Comment